Up to date:
ALABAMA – Over a dozen Alabama airports can be receiving a portion of a greater than $12 million grant from the Federal Aviation Administration.
Senator Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) introduced the grants on Wednesday.
The funding was awarded by the U.S. Division of Transportation for airport enhancements to assist infrastructure development, security advances, and tools and land acquisition.
“This $12.28 million in FAA grant funding will enhance airports – each massive and small – all through Alabama, paving the best way for progress and elevated funding in rural areas,” mentioned Senator Shelby. “Airport infrastructure impacts total financial success, and on account of this funding, twelve of Alabama’s airports will obtain the upgrades and advances wanted to proceed serving communities and driving improvement.”
A complete of 13 grants have been awarded to native airports in Alabama, amounting to $12,281,867 for the next airport initiatives:
- Albertville Regional Airport-Thomas J Brumlik Discipline, Albertville, Alabama – $585,965 to reconstruct a taxilane and taxiway
- Brewton Municipal Airport, Brewton, Alabama – $283,520 to seal apron pavement floor and pavement joints and to seal taxiway pavement floor and pavement joints
- Cullman Regional Airport-Folsom Discipline, Cullman, Alabama – $180,000 to put in climate reporting tools
- Cullman Regional Airport-Folsom Discipline, Cullman, Alabama – $4,000,000 to reconstruct a runway and runway lighting
- Jeremiah Denton Airport, Dauphin Island, Alabama – $115,555 to rehabilitate a runway
- Foley Municipal Airport, Foley, Alabama – $472,222 to seal runway pavement floor and pavement joints and to seal taxiway pavement floor and pavement joints
- Isbell Discipline Airport, Fort Payne, Alabama – $902,388 to rehabilitate an apron
- Geneva Municipal Airport, Geneva, Alabama – $264,935 to seal apron pavement floor and pavement joints and replace the airport grasp plan
- MacCrenshaw Memorial Airport, Greenville, Alabama – $388,888 to shift or reconfigure current taxiway
- Jack Edwards Nationwide Airport, Gulf Shores, Alabama – $166,666 to seal apron pavement floor and pavement joints and to seal taxiway pavement floor and pavement joints
- Posey Discipline Airport, Haleyville, Alabama – $187,004 to put in perimeter fencing
- Huntsville Worldwide Airport-Carl T Jones Discipline, Huntsville, Alabama – $4,568,058 to rehabilitate an entry highway, taxiway, and terminal constructing; to seal taxiway pavement floor and pavement joints; and to conduct or replace a examine
- Franklin Discipline Airport, Union Springs, Alabama – $166,666 to accumulate land for improvement
Counsel a Correction
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – Kay Ivey will be making a campaign stop in Huntsville on Monday.…