Home News 12-year-old boy dies after attempting viral ‘blackout problem’
News - April 14, 2021

12-year-old boy dies after attempting viral ‘blackout problem’



DENVER (KDVR) — Joshua Haileyesus, a 12-year-old Colorado boy hospitalized after collaborating within the viral “blackout problem,” has died.

“After combating the nice battle on life help for 19 days, Joshua has gone off to be with the Lord,” an replace on the household’s GoFundMe stated. “Your prayers and your love have comforted us and we’re grateful in your help.”

Joshua was discovered struggling to breathe on the toilet ground in late March. His twin brother tried to resuscitate him earlier than first responders arrived on the house.

The “blackout problem” has been round for years, daring individuals to choke themselves to the purpose of passing out to be able to acquire a way of euphoria. 

The damaging problem, which additionally goes by the names “pass-out problem,” “the sport of choking,” or “velocity dreaming,” is gaining recognition on TikTok.

In March, Joshua’s father, Haileyesus Zeryihun, warned in opposition to the problem.

“I might by no means think about my son would do such a factor. The rationale I got here out in the present day is to warn the folks, everybody, that there’s no joke about choking,” he stated. “This isn’t a recreation, that is lethal.”



Supply hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Check Also

Madison County Circuit Judge finalists to interview with Governor Ivey

MADISON COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) – Time is winding down for Governor Kay Ivey to decide who wil…