(NEXSTAR) – After you obtain a dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, you obtain a vaccination card that information the kind of vaccine and the date of the shot.
However what occurs in the event you lose the cardboard?
For one, the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention advocate taking a photograph of each side of the cardboard, in case you lose it. However in the event you forgot to take action, right here’s what the CDC says you are able to do:
- Contact your vaccination supplier on to entry your vaccination document.
- In case you can’t attain the vaccination supplier, contact your state well being division’s immunization info system. Yow will discover state IIS data right here.
- In case you enrolled in v-safe or VaxText, you possibly can entry your vaccination info via these instruments.
- When you’ve got made each effort to obtain a replica of your vaccination card and nonetheless want a second shot, discuss to a vaccination supplier.
Whenever you do obtain your vaccination card, don’t submit a selfie, watchdog teams say.
In line with the Higher Enterprise Bureau, posting your vaccination card on social media could make you the sufferer of identification theft and “might help scammers create phony variations.”
“Your card has your full identify and birthday on it, in addition to details about the place you bought your vaccine. In case your social media privateness settings aren’t set excessive, you could be giving beneficial info away for anybody to make use of,” the group warns.
The Federal Commerce Fee echoed the bureau, likewise warning of the specter of identification theft when posting a photograph of your card.
That’s not the one drawback at play, nevertheless. In line with the bureau, scammers in Nice Britain have been caught promoting pretend vaccination playing cards on eBay and TikTok, and “it’s solely a matter of time earlier than related cons come to america.”
Posting photographs of the playing cards helps present scammers with info they’ll use to create phony playing cards, BBB stated.
BBB recommends the next actions to maintain your self secure:
- Share your vaccine sticker or use a profile body on Fb.
- Evaluation your safety settings on social media to double test whom your sharing your posts with.
- “Suppose twice earlier than taking part in different viral private posts,” the bureau stated, together with those who show what sort of automobiles you’ve owned, your favourite songs and your favourite TV exhibits. These “favourite issues” are generally used for passwords and safety questions.
Recommend a Correction
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – Kay Ivey will be making a campaign stop in Huntsville on Monday.…